POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2007 11:08:51
Message: <46448703$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" <zer### [at] wyanorg> schreef in bericht

> It all seems to be working pretty well, especially the poncho texture
> which
> gives the impression of a particularly tactile fabric. (Definitely a REAL
> poncho and not a SEARS poncho) The shadow cast on the face by the hat
> helps
> to add drama to the character.

Yes, until now, not too difficult. A couple of puzzles I had to solve but
overall, pretty straightforward.
I like making textures. I looked up a couple of classic poncho ones and then
just experimented with PSP. I may finetune the weave texture and maybe
separate it from the main one in order to use it as a bump map or a
displacement map (hm... that last one would need a much finer mesh however
than the one used for the poncho already).

I am still puzzled by the "aspect" of the figure's skin which looks a bit
corpse-like, while it is fairly naturalistic. It is something with the
lighting in POV, or the export through Poseray, or something else
altogether... Also, this seems to be particularly visible in Poser 7 maps,
but much less in earlier versions.

And there is still the matter with the use of radiosity  :-(  In this
particular image, bright artefacts appear below the eyes, even with fairly
HQ radiosity settings. I don't like that!

>> The result: Clive Westwood, in the movie "The tall, the tiny and the
>> average" (music by Elio Mascarpone)...
>
> Wasn't he the same guy in "A Fist Full of Downloads"?  :-)

Yes indeed! As also in "For a Few Downloads More".

Thomas